Tuesday, October 4, 2011

11. Hair Guacamole?

Yes, you read that correctly. Hair Guac! Okay, okay I fib. Well, I did use avocado in my hair... but I left out the other ingredients. ;) I did however make a nice little hair mask. I found the recipe on thebeautydepartment.com . There's only consisted of avocado and olive oil, but I thought I would try and amp it up a bit by adding a few other products. I threw in some honey for extra shine and argan oil that I mentioned in my diy leave in conditioner post last week. After blending it all up I jumped in the shower to wash my hair. After that I got out and applied all of what I had made. Took a blow drying to it for a little over a minute and left it in for a little over 30 minutes. 




After I finally had all the nasty green stuff out I just left my hair to air-dry. The product left my hair a bit limp due to the oils, but I should have only put it half way up my head, not on the scalp. I really liked the fact my hair was really soft and had a lot less frizz. The results only lasted about a day. after taking my next shower I had to wash because the oils built up REALLY fast. So less is more in this case! 
Next i'm going to do a home hand milk bath. I've always wanted to do that so I figured I would share that as well. 

Hope everyone is having a great week. Don't forget to go vote on the contest my fiance and I are in! 
A/C

No comments:

Post a Comment