Tuesday, September 27, 2011

7. doughnut/donut

If there is one thing I love, it's sweets. Almost any kind. Anything that looks cute and tastes sweet is my ultimate weakness. I've been trying really hard to make it a habit to cook things ( sort of ), so I made some doughnuts the other weekends. Surprisingly easy to make. I am easily frustrated by things that don't come natural to me, so I decided to find something simple but seemed impressive. These fit the bill perfectly. I tried a cake doughnut thinking it would be easier to handle vs a yeast one. Once I try the later of the 2, I'll have to update. Since this is only an assumption.

I started by using this recipe. I also made it the night before, since you have to let the dough chill for at least an hour.  To cut them out I simply used a cocktail shaker top and the smaller top for the centers. Worked perfectly! When my crumbs didn't exactly turn out I opted to make a quick glaze . I did have with that and half with Cinnamon and Sugar.  Needless to say not only was I impressed, but I'm pretty sure the Fiance was too! Score!


Just a quick snapshot from my phone of my supplies, and some of the final product! 

A/C

No comments:

Post a Comment